The Wright Information
- School Phone Number: (215)-400-7030
- School Fax Number: (215)-400-7031
- School Address: 2201 N 28th Street, Phila. PA 19132
- Principal Beard’s Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE NOTE: School phone MAY NOT be answered outside of school hours
- School begins at 7:30 am and dismisses at 2:09 pm
- On Half Days, Wright dismisses students at 11:09 am
- Our school doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. There is no supervision on school grounds prior to 7:30 a.m., therefore parents and caregivers should supervise students until doors open or arrive to school at 7:30 a.m
- We are a UNIFORM school to help us build a community of togetherness!
- Our uniform tops are hunter green and our uniform bottoms are khaki.
- Sneakers are encouraged. Open toed shoes, slippers, and Crocs are not permitted due to safety.
- School uniform shirts with the Wright logo can be purchased at https://stores.smoothusa.com/RWRIGHT/shop/home until September 11, 2022.
- Uniforms can be purchased until September 20, 2022 through this link
- Wright’s Goal: Students will attend school 95% of the 180 school days!
- We offer daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly incentives for students in our 95% or HIGHER Attendance Club
- Attendance Procedures: When a student is absent, they are required to come to school with a note from a parent, guardian or physician. Pursuant to the District’s attendance policy, written excuse notes explaining the absence, must be given to the school within three (3) days upon the student’s return to school. If the note is not submitted to the school within the required time frame, the day(s) may not be excused. *Excused absences count against students’ attendance percentage. However, it does not place parents in jeopardy of violating truancy laws.
- 3 unexcused absences- Notice of Truancy (3-Day Legal Notice). 6 unexcused absences – Conference/School Attendance Improvement Plan. 10 unexcused absences- referral to office of Attendance and Truancy
- Lateness: A student that comes to school after the start of the school day, but less than two (2) hours after school starts will be considered late. Any student late to school must report to the office for the secretary to mark them late. After 2 hours, a student will be marked as a half day.